Wednesday, October 16, 2013

How to Build The Riddler's cane

Hey Everyone,

        Last Halloween I decided to go as the Riddler, and as I work in Props, the Riddler's cane was crucial. Since then I've been asked several times how it was created. The design is really simple, even if it's not easy to execute. the cane is a metal rod, and the chessmen are plastic. We drilled through the chessmen with a Drill press, and screwed them onto the rod, one at a time. The knights were especially tricky as they're so thin. Next we found a picture of the head piece from Jim Carrey's Riddler cane, and used it as a template to cut out the shape and round the edges. We put a stopper on one end, and screwed the headpiece to the top, and spray painted the whole thing gold. My cane is flexible, because my chessmen were small, and I had to buy an accommodating rod. If you try this, I would suggest using larger chessmen, and getting a thicker rod than mine. Best of luck with you Riddling.

No comments:

Post a Comment